Cruising the streets with style is fun and practical.
That’s what we need the longboards for.
But how do you pick the best one?
Today, we are going to take a look at the 8 best bamboo longboards. Let’s find out which one has the potential to give you the smoothest and the most fun rides. C’mon dive right in!
A Quick Preview:
Buy On Amazon
38.5 inches long, 9 inches wide
44 inches long
39 inches long, 9 inches wide
36 inches long, 9 inches wide
44 inches long
40 inches long
34 inches long
42 inches long, 9 inches wide
Bamboo Carving Longboard Skateboard by Magneto
The first item on our list is this minimalistic longboard by Magneto. It looks simple and maybe even plain but hides a couple of tricks up its sleeve.
This longboard is ideal for cruising around the city. It offers a rather smooth performance thanks to its 70mm wheels, which are made of a sturdy and resilient High Rebound Urethane. The 7-inch trucks also contribute to the stability of the whole construction.
This particular model features a drop-through truck design. It is ideal for beginners and people who enjoy relaxed and fuss-free rides. The lower center of gravity makes it perfect even for tight turns!
Now, let’s look at the main pros and cons:
|Lightweight but sturdy||Not suitable for tricks or intense, high-speed rides|
|Perfect size for compact transportation and comfortable, balanced rides||The wheels might start chipping off after some time of intense usage|
|The wheels perform very smoothly|
|Easy to maneuver|
|Very stable with a moderate amount of flex|
This longboard offers great value for money. It is reasonably priced and rides extremely smoothly. To me, that’s a great deal!
Want to test it yourself? Click here to order!
Zed Bamboo Longboard Skateboard Cruiser by Ten Toes Board Emporium
This is one of the best cheap bamboo longboards you can find on the market. It is stylish, affordable, and, most importantly, great in terms of performance.
The board is a combination of bamboo and maple. It is sturdy and can withstand even larger riders. At the same time, the board is rather reactive and comfortable to cruise on. Combined with 70mm polyurethane wheels and sturdy aluminum trucks, it offers a very smooth, almost gliding ride.
Moving on to the pros and cons:
|Comes in 12 color and style options||The wheels might feel too stiff for the first couple of uses|
|Sturdy and reliable construction||The wood is rather rigid and might not be bouncy enough for some users|
|Sturdy aluminum trucks|
|Lightweight and easy to carry around|
Overall, this is a great beginner longboard. It is sturdy and stable, plus it rides smoothly. What else is there to wish for?
Ready to order? Click here!
“Because bamboo longboardsare aimed mostly at cruising and not extreme tricks, they usually serve their users for a really long time. They also have a very long shelf life. Therefore, if you are, for instance, waiting for good weather conditions to use your board, you don’t have to worry about it losing its properties while being in storage.”
Playshion 39 Inch Drop Through Freestyle Longboard Skateboard Cruiser
This next bamboo longboard deserves to be a part of your collection. It is cheap, looks nice, and performs surprisingly well, especially for such a price.
The combination of aluminum trucks, large PU (polyurethane) wheels and a bamboo + maple deck is ideal for any new skateboarder. The trucks are wide enough to give you control over the longboard and provide easy maneuvering. At the same time, the deck is wide and sturdy, which only makes the cruising more controlled.
Now, check out some of the pros and cons:
|Affordable||The spacers are of mediocre quality, which might result in squeaky noises during the rides|
|Seven different style options||The wheels require regular lubricating; otherwise, they might stop working after a month or so|
|Ideal for beginners|
|Large and sturdy|
|Big and smooth wheels|
|Reliable trucks (adjustable)|
If you are looking for an affordable and nice beginner longboard, this one might be an ideal option for you. It is sturdy and easy to maneuver around. And I’m sure you will enjoy using it!
Curious to try it out? Click here to order!
White Wave Bamboo Longboard
The next item on our list has everything a skateboarder might need. It looks sleek, rides smoothly, and features a very nice build.
Here’s the deal:
This board is a combination of bamboo and Canadian maple. It is durable and sturdy but springy at the same time. Being 36 inches long and 9 inches wide, it features big wheels (70 x 50 mm), which might look a bit large for the board. However, such construction is very smart. The large wheels provide more stability and allow for a very smooth movement.
Now, let’s look at the main pros and cons:
|Six different style options||The trucks make noise during the ride|
|Sleek design||The trucks might require some adjustments (oftentimes they come crooked or too tight)|
|Rides really smoothly|
|Great deck quality|
Overall, this is a superb longboard for the money. It looks great and performs great too. If you want something nice but cannot spend too much money on it, this longboard would be an ideal option for you.
Want to get it? Click here to order!
Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard by The Quest
This longboard, despite being very reasonably priced, has all the chances to impress you. It is ideal for beginners thanks to its spacious board and stable construction.
The board is made of mixed wood materials. It features natural bamboo and hardwood maple. Such a combination results in sturdiness, support, and resilience, which are great qualities for a longboard to have.
The wheels also deserve to be mentioned here. Being made of polyurethane, they ride very smoothly. Moreover, they are quite large (70 x 50 mm), which makes this longboard suitable for different surfaces.
Now, check out the following pros and cons:
|Four color options||Low-quality bearings, might need to be replaced right away|
|Long and spacious deck, ideal for beginners||Makes a rattling sound|
|Smoothly operating wheels|
|Durable and springy bamboo + maple combo|
|Sturdy aluminum trucks|
|Rather lightweight and easy to carry around|
Despite having a couple of flaws, this longboard definitely deserves your attention. It is a great entry-level model, ideal for beginners who are just entering the fun world of skateboarding.
Read our extensive Quest Super Cruiser Bamboo Longboard here!
Ready to order? Click here!
“When shopping for your first bamboo longboard, keep in mind that they all come in different sizes. If you don’t really know how to keep your balance yet, give your preference to wider boards. They are easier to stand on and maneuver.”
Atom Drop Through Longboard
The next item on our list is this cool-looking longboard by Atom. It combines everything a good longboard should have: an authentic design, a good build, and a smooth operation.
Featuring Atom’s proprietary wheels, it comes with sturdy and high-quality trucks. The grip layer on the board is really rough, which makes the rides even more stable. This is a huge plus for beginners who are just learning to keep their balance on the board.
Now, let’s look at some of the pros and cons:
|Sturdy board with enough flex||Mediocre bearings, make the wheels go a bit slow|
|Super rough grip layer, adds more stability||Might make a squeaky noise|
|Large and smooth-running wheels|
|Great value for money|
This longboard offers great value for money. It definitely deserves a try. Chances are you are going to fall in love with it.
If you want to read our complete review of Atom Droop Through longboard click here!
Don’t hesitate and click here to order!
Quest Rorshack Bamboo Longboard Skateboard
This is a smaller longboard, which is suitable for both beginners and more experienced users. It is just as reliable as its bigger brother but can be used for tricks too, not just cruising.
Being only 34 inches long, this board is wide enough to give you enough space for your feet. Additionally, it is large enough to allow you to keep your balance. It is lightweight and easy to maneuver, which makes it ideal even for tricks. The wheels are a bit smaller too (65 mm) but still run very smoothly.
Now, moving on to the pros and cons:
|Sturdy and resilient at the same time||The trucks might squeak|
|The trucks might squeak||Mediocre bearings quality|
|Balanced construction, great for beginners|
This longboard definitely deserves its place on this list. Even though it has some minor drawbacks, it is a great entry-level option for those who are learning to cruise and make tricks.
Want to test it yourself? Order here!
Lrfzhicg Drop Through Bamboo Longboard - Downhill Cruising
The last item on our list has all the chances to become your favorite. It is nicely made and offers a very smooth and stress-free operation.
It has a really balanced deck design. First off, it’s not too long (42 inches) but rather wide (9 inches), which makes it perfect for beginners. It is sturdy and very reliable. The bamboo material gives this board a solid feel but allows it to have a good amount of flex. The wheels operate smoothly and work well even on a rough road thanks to their material (PU).
Now, here are some pros and cons for your consideration:
|Affordably priced||Mediocre bearings, might need to be replaced for a smoother feel|
|Very comfortable deck (wide but not too long)||The trucks might feel a bit stiff (may require to be loosened up)|
|Nice smooth-running wheels|
|Good grip layer|
Overall, this is a great, affordable longboard. It offers a good value for money and performs surprisingly well for such a price.
Want to see for yourself? Click here to order!
[amazon_btn url="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYSV882/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bamboodetective999-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07MYSV882&linkId=72fc417417c43beb8e1d3ba6c6e60cbf" text="Shop Now"]
“Keep in mind that you can always customize your longboard. For instance, if you are really enjoying the deck quality but don’t like the trucks, you can replace them. The same goes for the wheels and other parts. You can even get a cheap longboard with a great deck and then upgrade it by investing in better (and more expensive) trucks.”
Factors We Look At
Because bamboo longboards can be used as a means of transportation, they have to be of high quality. And to find such boards, we pay extra attention to the most important factors, such as:
- Size, which should be appropriate for adults and suitable for comfortable cruising.
- Materials Some manufacturers blend bamboo with cheap, low-quality materials, others add layers of high-quality maple and other wood types. We pick only the high-quality wood mixes or pure bamboo boards.
- Wheels. Their size and material play an important part in any longboard’s performance.
- User reviews. This aspect is important since other people can let you know about potential issues you might face with a certain longboard.
- Price. We always look for a good bargain and for a great value for money. However, if we pick an expensive item, we make sure that it is worth every penny (quality- and performance-wise).
- Performance. This crucial factor does not require to be explained, does it?
- Trucks and their sizes. A truck is a part that connects the board and the wheels. It needs to be nicely sized to guarantee the smoothest ride.
- Company reputation. Buying from reputable and reliable companies is the safest choice. Some of them even offer money-back programs, which is always a pleasant bonus. We try to pick only trustworthy companies like that.
Things to Know Before Buying Your Bamboo Longboard
When shopping for your first (or new) bamboo longboard, you might feel a bit lost. And that’s completely fine. The thing is, the modern market has a lot to offer. And that can be overwhelming. However, at the same time, it gives us the freedom to choose whatever we want.
Now, just to make the picking process a bit easier for you, here are a couple of things you should know before making a purchase:
- Bamboo boards are often covered with a layer of other wood. This is done in order to improve the material’s durability. However, do not worry: manufacturers (in the majority of cases) keep the ratio well-balanced, preserving the original properties of bamboo and simply strengthening it using another wood type.
- Bamboo offers a lot of flex and resilience. Therefore, it is ideal for cruising at low or medium speeds. However, it’s not a perfect option for high speed. The bamboo longboard might wobble if you go really fast.
- There are different longboard sizes available on the market. You can get a micro, a mini, or a full-size board. Micro and mini models have narrow decks (less than 7 inches wide) and are more suitable for children and teens. Adults prefer full-sized longboards, which start from 8 inches in width.
- The length of your board is also a crucial factor. For relaxed, comfortable cruising, you might want to go with longer models (40 inches and up). For tricks, however, smaller boards are more comfortable.
- The wheels determine the performance of the longboard. In the majority of cases, they are made of PU (polyurethane), which is able to offer rather smooth rides. The size of the wheels matters too. Larger wheels will provide more stability and smoother performance even on irregular or bumpy surfaces.
- Bamboo longboards tend to provide less grip in wet conditions. Therefore, it is not recommended to use them during the rain or in super humid areas. At the same time, if your bamboo board has a maple (or some other wood) layer, you don’t have to worry about the grip.
“Bamboo longboards can be hard to maintain. However, when mixed with other wood types, they aren’t that challenging to take care of. What you can do is read the manufacturer’s recommendations (which are usually posted on their websites). This way, you will know for sure how to deal with your particular board type.”
How to Maintain Your Bamboo Longboard
It is known that bamboo wood is a bit tricky to maintain properly. However, don’t let this feature scare you away. You just need to memorize a couple of rules and tricks. And, of course, you need to follow them.
Here’s what you can (and should) do to take good care of your bamboo longboard:
- Protect your board’s deck from extended sun and water exposure.
- If your longboard gets soaked in water, you need to dry it off as soon and possible.
- It is better to store your longboard in a shaded area (or indoors, somewhere without direct sunlight).
- You should clean your board regularly using a nylon brush or a sponge and some soapy water. Don’t forget to always dry it off with a towel.
- Cleaning the bearing from the debris is also a good idea.
- Don’t forget to lubricate the bearings from time to time, especially if you notice the wheels making a squeaky sound.
- Avoid riding on sand.
Why Buy Bamboo Longboards?
Bamboo longboards become more and more popular these days. Beginners love to get them as their first boards, and even experienced skateboarders switch to bamboo.
Now, you may be wondering, “What is there so special about bamboo? And why is everyone so crazy about these longboards?”
The thing is, bamboo longboards offer a ton of benefits to the users. Here are some of them:
- Bamboo is one of the most sustainable resources currently known to us. I know, some people don’t care about that. However, you still should know this: when bamboo is being harvested, its roots remain intact, which means the plant keeps on growing. Additionally, it does not require much water (almost none at all) to grow, which means it does not drain the water resources. And one more thing, it grows extremely fast!
- Bamboo skateboards are lightweight, which makes them great for tricks and cruising.
- Bamboo wood is very springy. It absorbs the bumps and shocks better without transferring them to the skateboarder.
- Because bamboo longboards are quite resilient, they allow the riders to take sharper and faster turns without the need to lean into the board too much. This makes the riding a bit more effortless.
- Bamboo longboards are very durable. In the majority of cases, they are mixed with some other wood types, which makes the material even more stable and reliable. However, the ratio is very balanced, so the board keeps the bamboo’s resilience and springiness.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is easy to get lost when it comes to making a purchasing decision. Thus, we have prepared this list of FAQs to make your journey easier.
What materials are bamboo longboards made of?
Are bamboo longboards better than regular wooden longboards?
Are bamboo longboards durable?
Which bamboo longboard should I buy?
There you have it: 8 great bamboo longboards, each of which deserves your attention. If you are not yet convinced whether or not you need to have one in your collection, check out this guide on everything you need to know about bamboo longboards.
Want to know which model I personally love the most? The Atom Drop Through Longboard. It is sized perfectly, features a nice build, has smooth wheels, and is super easy to maneuver around. I believe that it’s ideal for cruising, no matter what your experience level is.
Are you ready to go cruising? Which longboard from the list you like the most? Let us know in the comments!