Do you feel tired and exhausted daily? Is it a problem for you to fall asleep quickly? Do you crave for a good sleep at night?
If you answered ‘yes’ to at least one of these questions, we have the remedy for you. Read this article about Bamboo pillows to learn more.
You probably know that on average people need 7-8 hours of sleep a day, and you also know that bedroom accessories matter. However, you still want to surf the internet to find a solution to improve your sleep, right?
Looking for perfect sleep products, you may have come across Bamboo pillows, a relatively new type of pillow that is getting more popular among people. However, before making the final decision, you need to understand whether these pillows can suit your needs and sleeping position.
Thus, it’s no wonder you want to learn the pros and cons, and you’ve come to the right place. In this article, you will find everything you need to know about this type of pillows to make the right choice.
You can read our best bamboo pillows guide here.
What is a Bamboo Pillow?
As its name suggests, a Bamboo pillow is made of Bamboo, the fastest growing plant. Once it’s processed, people treat its small fibers to use the thread for the outer cover of the pillow.
Obviously, they contain minimum Bamboo, so what are bamboo pillows made of? Most pillows include high-quality memory foam or some other sorts of fillings (down filling, vinyl or latex-based fillings) and some form of a cooling gel.
For a variety of reasons, more and more manufacturers choose bamboo fabric to create pillows. All in all, Bamboo pillows are not only cost-effective for manufacturers, but they also are beneficial for most sleepers. We’ve collected the list of top pros & cons of Bamboo pillows so that you could understand whether these pillows can suit YOUR needs.
Let’s dive in.
The Pros & Cons of Bamboo Pillows
No matter what pillow type you choose, you should be ready that it has both pros and cons. However, it’s important to pick the right type for you, the one that suits your needs and wants. Therefore, you always have to check the advantages and disadvantages before making the purchase decision.
Take a look at the picture below to get an understanding of the Bamboo pillows pros and cons. If you’re interested in more details, we recommend that you keep on reading this article.
Why are bamboo pillows good? To learn more about this type of pillows, let’s discuss Bamboo pillow benefits:
- Hypoallergenic: If you suffer from allergies, Bamboo is right for you. Its fabrics are organic and the cover of Bamboo pillows won’t irritate the skin. Thus, sensitive sleepers can sleep better at night without waking up.
- Antimicrobial: Bamboo has a bio-agent, so-called “kun,” which fights against the growth of bacteria on the fiber. It also minimizes the risk of bacteria thrift in clothing and prevents unpleasant odors.
- Breathable: It’s not a secret that natural materials breathe easier than synthetics. If it’s difficult for you to sleep during hot summer nights, you need to pay attention to Bamboo pillows as this material is breathable which means it stays cool.
- Moisture absorption: We all sweat during the night from time to time, and it can lead to bad sleep. Thus, it’s important to keep your bedroom cool and choose sleep products that absorb moisture. Luckily, the Bamboo material has this feature, so your pillow can stay fresh for a longer period of time.
- Eco-friendly: Bamboo is a natural material that grows extremely fast, and it also helps to save the planet as it produces 35% more oxygen and also absorbs greenhouse gases. Moreover, there’s no need to use harmful pesticides so the production is eco-friendly which is great for people who worry about the Earth.
With a variety of benefits, these pillows still have some cons. Now it’s time to understand why Bamboo pillows may be the wrong option for you:
- Smell: For most people who have ever had this type of pillow, the main complaint about the product is that bamboo pillows smell extremely bad. Unfortunately, most pillows contain polyurethane that emits a potentially unhealthy chemical smell. Although it disappears with time, it can be annoying for sleepers, so they should be ready for this drawback.
- Weight: If you have ever searched for the information about Bamboo, you must know that this material is extremely lightweight. However, Bamboo memory foam pillows may weigh a little more than regular pillows. As a result, it takes time to adjust to these pillows and they are more difficult to transport. Therefore, they are not that convenient to travel with.
- Washability: It’s difficult to wash a pillow with shredded memory foam as it can be messy. Thus, most Bamboo pillows require the delicate cycle or hand-wash and it’s important to dry outside or air dry, so it can be time-consuming. What is more, there’s still no guarantee that the memory foam won’t fall out and get anywhere.
- Price: After finding the best bamboo pillows, we have come to the conclusion that the price for a single pillow can go up to $5,000. Obviously, the final cost of products depends on several reasons, mostly the popularity of the brand and the sort of filling the manufacturer chooses.
If you have decided that Bamboo pillows have more advantages for you, pay attention to other important questions that may disturb you.
How to Choose the Right Pillow for You
- Analyze the list of benefits and drawbacks before making the purchase decision. Bamboo pillows are getting popular, but getting this type of pillow to jump on the bandwagon isn’t the best idea. As you need to improve the quality of your sleep, you need to ensure there are more pros than cons for you first.
- Think about your sleep position and personal preferences to choose the perfect pillow size. These pillows come in various sizes and shapes, and it’s significant to understand which one is right for you. For example, cervical pillows are good for people with neck and back pain while contoured body pillows are better for those who need support and stability.
- Do online research (read forums and customers’ reviews) to find out the best Bamboo pillows manufacturers. Living in the digital era, most people have everything they need at their fingertips – just take your smartphone and surf the internet to find more information. And if you want to get a Bamboo pillow, don’t miss a chance to listen to real customers who share their genuine thoughts with other buyers – read reviews.
- Visit offline stores to see and touch the pillow before buying. Although the number of online shoppers is growing fast, most people still have problems while choosing some products online as they can’t understand whether these items can suit their needs. However, some savvy online buyers visit offline stores to see and touch products and then buy them online to save money.
- Find a reliable website to get a pillow with free delivery and guarantees for a reasonable price. Online shopping has many benefits for people who are pressed for time and you can make the most out of it if you choose reliable websites to buy from. When thinking about placing your order, read whether the chosen website has guarantees and free delivery to enjoy the shopping process (and the product) for full.
How to Take Proper Care of Bamboo Pillows
Once you’ve chosen a perfect pillow, you want it to last longer. Thus, it’s important to take proper care of it.
Two main questions that may bother you:
- can you wash bamboo pillows
- how to wash bamboo pillows
If you have a memory foam pillow or anyone with structural integrity, it’ll last you anywhere from 18 to 36 months.
In short, you can wash your Bamboo pillow but you need to be careful: this product requires hand-washing and warm water.
If you want to understand how to wash your pillow so that it can last longer, you need to avoid machine washing (or use the gentle mode) to avoid destroying its shape. However, it’s better to hand wash the pillow as it’s a proven way to ensure that the water isn’t too hot or cold. You can also find a pillow with a removable hypoallergenic pillow case so that you can wash it without destroying the filling. All in all, you need to be careful when washing your pillow and it will help you get a good sleep after every cleaning.
Bamboo is a great natural material with many benefits that is taking the world by storm. Although Bamboo pillows have some cons, they also have a great number of pros, suitable for most sleepers, so manufacturers lay a bet on this material in 2019.
So, are bamboo pillows good? The answer is individual, so it’s you who should decide whether this type of pillows meets your needs and wants.
Have you ever had a Bamboo pillow? What pros and cons can you add to the list?