If you're a pasta or salad lover, you probably already know tongs are a must-have in the kitchen. Tongs are perfect for lifting fettuccine pasta or spaghetti, tossing salads, turning and gripping fillet and meat strips in the pan, pulling out toast from the toaster and even pouring ice cubes into a glass. It gets even better with bamboo tongs, which are not only ideal for cooking and serving purposes but also enhance the overall look of your kitchen or dining table.
Bamboo tongs certainly look much better than the ordinary stainless-steel tongs, arguably with a firmer claw and grip as well. Nevertheless, there's more to bamboo kitchenware in general than the apparent form and function:
Which is the best bamboo tongs?
Buy On Amazon
What are the Benefits of Bamboo Tongs?
- Bamboo is a solid, eco-friendly and highly renewable material.
- Bamboo tongs are flexible and lightweight while still offering strength and durability; they'll last longer than plastic or wooden tongs.
- Bamboo tongs, like other bamboo products, are water, heat and stain-resistant. More so, they don't absorb odors and are quite easy to clean.
- The surfaces come with a smooth finish that doesn't get rough or porous with prolonged use.
- Bamboo tongs give a natural and fresh touch to your kitchen.
- Bamboo tongs can't scratch the non-stick finish on pans. Thus, they won't damage your finest cookware.
- Just as important, bamboo tongs are fairly inexpensive.
1. Weber's Wonders Set of 2 Reusable Bamboo Toast Tongs
- HIGH QUALITY BAMBOO: Our wooden kitchen tongs are made from natural bamboo and have a solid build...
- MULTI PURPOSE: The 8 Inch Length is the perfect size to keep you away from heat. Many uses around...
- EASY TO USE: Use your wooden tongs to grab the toast with elegance. Our Bamboo Tongs are slim enough...
- EASY TO CLEAN: These tongs are designed to facilitate you in the kitchen. Non-absorptive bamboo is...
- GUARANTEE: Your new cool kitchen tool is RISK-FREE. If for some reason you are not satisfied with...
Weber's wooden kitchen tons are made from high-quality natural bamboo, with a solid build designed to last for a really long time. They're also built for safe use in your home, ensuring that they're virtually risk-free. At 8 inches long, it's the ideal size and distance from a heat source.
You can use these tongs for plenty of tasks around the kitchen: from grabbing toast from a toaster and serving sweets at parties to cooking bacon and barbecue meat. The slim profile means they can easily slide into the holder. Additionally, the ergonomic design ensures that you can grip the tongs firmly and conveniently, meaning they're pretty easy to use.
The non-absorptive bamboo is odor and stain-resistant, hence the tongs are easy to hand-wash with warm soapy water. The Weber's Wonders Set is also risk-free, guaranteeing you a full refund if you're not satisfied with your purchase.
2. 2 Pieces Bamboo Toast Tongs
- MATERIAL: Our bamboo toast tongs made of Eco-friendly natural solid bamboo, treated with high...
- IDEAL SIZE: The 10.2 Inches length bamboo tongs is enough long for most of scenes of life,like...
- SAFE: We process every side of the toast tongs wood to make sure it much smooth to avoid scratching...
- EASY TO WORK: The bamboo wooden toaster tongs are very light and design with rebound construct,you...
- DURABLE :The toaster tongs wood made in good quality and quite sturdy. Bamboo material is stain and...
These bamboo toast tongs are made from high-grade eco-friendly solid bamboo that's treated with high temperatures to yield an incredibly appealing color. They're 10.2 inches long, which is quite sufficient for most scenes in and around the kitchen, from grabbing toast to flipping barbecues. The quality is just as sturdy and robust, plus the wood is well-smoothened to avoid scratching your skin.
The tongs are remarkably light and built with a rebound construct, so you don't have to exert too much effort into picking up stuff and it'll revert to its original position. Furthermore, the bamboo material is odor- and stain-resistant and fairly easy to clean.
3. Nopro Bamboo Tong 12"
- Bamboo is durable, long lasting, moisture resistant, sturdy and lightweight.
- Safe for all surfaces: nonstick, glass, enamel, stainless steel.
- Comfortable in hand, grips securely without crushing food and keeps hands safe from heat.
- Heat and stain resistant.
- Naturally bamboo is a sustainable, renewable resource that naturally replenishes itself, making it...
The Norpro Bamboo tongs are another solid choice for your kitchen. The tongs are lightweight and strong for starters, meaning they are quite easy to use in almost all situations. The tongs are also heat and stain-resistant, thanks to the highly durable heat material.
The Norpro Bamboo Tongs are 12 inches long, which is practically risk-fee. The material is also safe to use on non-stick surfaces, so you'll never ruin your precious kitchenware. The manufacturer also recommends washing it with hands in warm soapy water.
4. 4 Pack Bamboo Toaster Tongs
- 🌟【Nature Bamboo Material】-The toast tongs are made of Eco-friendly bamboo,comfortable...
- 🌟【New Upgrade Version】Toast Tongs 2020 Upgrade Version(4-Pack of Two Sizes),2 pcs 7in...
- 🌟【 Multi-purpose】- Our bamboo tongs are slim enough to easily slide into the holder. Great...
- 🌟【Kitchen Tool Helper】 - Bamboo tongs are perfect for cooking and transporting light weight...
- 🌟【Kitchen Tool Helper】 - Bamboo tongs are perfect for cooking and transporting light weight...
If you're looking for a value purchase, this pack might be worth your while. It comes as a 4-pack with two different sizes, 2 pieces at 7 inches and 2 others at 6.9 inches for more versatility. These tongs are well-suited to cooking and moving lightweight foods securely and conveniently, thanks to the lightweight profile and comfortable grip.
These bamboo tongs are slim enough to slide into the holder easily. They're made from eco-friendly, BPA-free and non-toxic bamboo, so they're safe to touch food directly. That means you can use them to grab your toast and, on the other end, flip frying chicken.
5. Bamboo Wood Salad Tongs
- All-Purpose Kitchen Tongs – Crafted with all-natural bamboo these salad tongs are ideal for...
- Scratch-Resistant, Cookware Safe Wood – These premium bamboo serving tongs feature smooth, rounded...
- Save Kitchen Space – The smart, flexible design uses the power of the bamboo’s elasticity to...
- Longer Cooking-Friendly Length – Our bamboo tongs are a full 11” in length which helps you keep...
- Lasting Quality Assurance – Here at laboos we create foldable bamboo tongs that are ideal for...
The bamboo wood salad tongs are the epitome of all-purpose. For starters, they're built from all-natural bamboo, making them safe for use on all cookware. The premium material with smooth rounded tips helps to avoid scratching ceramics or metal surfaces.
These tongs feature an innovative grip strength, a smart and flexible design that harnesses bamboo's elasticity to deliver a natural bounce back. This gives your plenty of gripping power to handle your food securely and comfortably. The foldable design also means they're easy to store, just as easy as they are to use.
The tongs are 11 inches long, keeping your hands away from hot stoves, grill surfaces or even popping grease. All the features seem well-thought-out and nifty. That makes the Bamboo Wood All-Purpose Tongs ideal for the kitchen, backyard parties, a barbecue and even for camping.
Factors to Consider in the Best Bamboo Tongs
Mindful research and tong-related searches are pretty important to make sure that you get your hands on the ideal set of tongs. The following factors can help you narrow down to the best possible product in the market:
1. Brand Value
Each brand always offers a unique selling proposition. When it comes to bamboo tongs, you'll want to look at how trustworthy and reliable the brand is. It's also important to determine what special thing each brand brings to the table against their competition.
2. Product Quality
In most cases, the brand you choose to buy your tongs from determines the quality of the product you'll receive. The product's quality is also determined by its reliability. Ideally, you want tongs that are sturdy and durable so that you can be certain they will work out for you for quite a long time.
3. Specs & Features
While we mostly think of features and specifications with gadgets and devices, you can also look at the smaller, finer details that make up the tongs. Are you looking for specific claw and grip power? Do you want bells and whistles in your tongs? Ideal features tend to vary based on personal preferences, but there's always something out there to tickle your fancy.
4. Product Value
This basically represents how much bang for your buck you get from the product. After all, you don't always get what you pay for. That said, you don't have to overpay for a good product, but you must be willing to spend slightly more if your want a solid set of tongs.
5. Customer Ratings and Reviews
Ratings and reviews are just as essential in getting a clearer picture of other people's experience with the product. Great reviews and numbers are a clear indication that the tongs are reliable in real-world use.
How to Take Care of Bamboo Tongs
Every object needs a specific kind of care to get the desired life out of them. Bamboo utensils, including tongs, are simple to take care of for extended longevity.
1. Use Hot Water
Wash your tongs with hot, soapy water after each use. Don't soak them in water or put them in a dishwasher. The idea is to clean right away before food drying on them. However, if it does get stuck on, scrape it away gently using a butter knife, metal scraper or your fingernail. You can also use a gentle scrub pad.
2. Apply Food-Grade Mineral Oil
If you want your tongs to retain the shiny natural bamboo luster, you can rub food-grade mineral oil all over your utensil. It's best to avoid vegetable oils such as canola or olive oil since these can become rancid.
Apply some of the food-grade mineral oil on a clean, soft, dry cloth. Rub it all over the tongs, allowing the oil to soak in for the best results. Let the tongs cure for 1 to 2 days before use.
If you use your tongs daily, it's usually recommended to rinse them with oil at least once every week. Without oil, the tongs can splinter or crack from the repeated use and washings.
3. Dry the Tongs in an Upright Position
The best way to dry bamboo utensils is using a dry, clean towel. After that, air dry the tongs in a stand upright position for a couple of hours or days to dry out all the soaked water.
Store them in a dry place clear of extreme temperatures since they can cause the bamboo to crack and split.