Bamboo boards have become a preferred choice in kitchens due to their durability, eco-friendliness, and sturdiness.
That's why most people opt for the best bamboo chopping board set, as it allows you to get more boards at a great cost. The boards also come with extra features such as juice grooves and handle that covert them into multipurpose tools.
We reviewed the best bamboo cutting boards and outlined features to consider when buying them.
What Is A Bamboo Cutting Board?
Bamboo is actually not wood but grass; however, they are processed such they result in dense material with a particularly hard density. These are cutting boards made from organic bamboo.
These boards are sustainable, sanitary, and durable. However, they are best hand-washed and should not be placed in a dishwasher.
Below are the top picks of the best bamboo chopping board set that's sturdy and durable.
Are Bamboo Cutting Boards Good?
Buy On Amazon
Best Bamboo Cutting Boards
1. Royal Craft Wood Bamboo Cutting Board Set
- THREE BOARDS FOR ALL KITCHEN TASKS. It’s a Bamboo Cutting Board, 3 pcs set - a small board on a...
- SIDE HANDLES FOR A KILLER SERVING TRAY. Use the cutting-chopping-cheese board as a platter to serve...
- KNIFE-FRIENDLY SURFACE. Smooth bamboo wood doesn’t dull your knives and feels easy to cut on....
- NO MESS WHEN CUTTING. Royal Craft Wood cutting boards for kitchen have deep grooves that catch meat...
- OUTSTANDING QUALITY! This cutting board is a quality product made for years of use, we offer a...
The set features three cutting boards capable of handling a multitude of kitchen tasks. They are crafted from heavy-duty natural bamboo, making them durable and sturdy.
The Royal Craft Wood cutting boards are equipped with properties that help to prevent cross-contamination of food buildup. They have also been designed to withstand heavy chopping, slicing, dicing, and sharp knives.
The cutting boards can be used on both sides and also double up as serving trays. Each cutting board features a built-in juice groove that retains the juices from meat, fruits, or vegetables.
The cutting boards are covered by a year warranty.
2. Bambüsi Bamboo Cutting Board
- SET OF 4: The assorted sizes cover all your cooking needs. Between the large and small chopping...
- ATTRACTIVE DESIGN: Make double use of the wooden cutting boards by repurposing them as placemats,...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Either use soapy water or salt water to clean your set of 4 wood cutting boards....
- GOOD FOR KNIVES: A bamboo cutting board set is an investment for your knives. They help retain blade...
- CUT OUT HANDLES: When cutting is completed, use the cut-out handle to pick up the board easily.
This bamboo board set is different in that it comes with 4 and not 3 boards. The larges size is 13 inches by 17.5 inches. This is by far the most versatile set we've come across so far.
It's both water and stain-resistant. Additionally, the boards are designed not to dull your knives.
The medium-sized boards feature built-in handles that make it easier to hold and operate the board. In addition, the large size has deep grooves, which is ideal for collecting juices from meat and veggies.
All the boards are made from natural bamboo.
3. Cookgen Bamboo Cutting Board Set With Juice Groove
- ✅ MEET YOUR TRUSTY KITCHEN PARTNER: Cookgen cutting board set with reversible design Crafted from...
- ✅ DISCOVER PREMIUM QUALITY: Made with 4-Layer technology 0.70" thick Cutting Boards comes in 3...
- ✅WON'T SHED SPLINTERS: Not all Wooden Cutting Boards for kitchen created equal. Most arrive full...
- ✅ EASY WASH EASY STORAGE: Bamboo Cutting Boards For Kitchen comes pre-oiled means impressive...
- ✅ BEAUTY WITH STRENGTH: Cookgen Cutting boards wood comes with Juice groove & built-in handles....
The Cookgen Bamboo set comes in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large. In addition, the cutting board has been designed such that both sides can be used.
The chopping board is perfect if looking to slice fruits, cheese, or fruit.
The bamboo chopping board set features side handles and deep juice grooves that prevent the spilling of liquids. In addition, the cutting board can double up as a serving tray or platter to serve meals.
The Cookgen bamboo set is made of 100% natural bamboo. It's designed to be knife-friendly, and the design features rounded corners.
The board is super versatile in that it can be used as a charcuterie or cheese board. It can also be serve as a meat cutting board as it features a drip edge and juice groove to collect juices.
4. K BASIX Bamboo Cutting Board Set
- 🙌 All in One : Ideal for chopping, slicing, dicing, cutting & serving food. You can use them on...
- 🤞 Set of 3 : Different sizes of our cutting boards allow you to use them depending on your needs....
- 💯 100% Safe Naturally : K Basix Bamboo cutting board is made from high quality, top-grade,...
- 💪 Premium Quality : K Basix use the latest and the most innovative technology of wood processing...
- 🤝 Eco Friendly: Our chopping board is 100% organic, natural so it's safe to use on a daily basis...
The cutting boards are made from organic bamboo and come in a set of three. They are perfect for slicing fruits, veggies or serving meat and cheeses.
The cutting board is designed to be gentle on knives and won't dull them. The cutting board also doubles up as a serving tray.
The boards feature a built-in drip groove that holds juice from meat, fruits, and vegetables.
Lastly, they also have a stylish design making them a great addition to your kitchen.
5. Totally Bamboo Bamboo Cutting Board Set
- SIZED FOR ANY TASK: The three boards included in this set cover a variety of food prep, cutting and...
- PREP AND SERVE: The larger boards are ideal for cutting meats, fruits and vegtables while the...
- EASY TO HANDLE: The lightweight medium and large boards feature a handle to hang for storage and...
- A BETTER CUTTING SURFACE: These boards are crafted from beautiful flat-grain Moso bamboo, which...
- EASY CARE: Simply hand wash or wipe with a damp cloth; do not soak in water or wash in the...
The Totally Bamboo set is functional and capable of handling mos kitchen prepping tasks. The boards are made from 100% organic bamboo.
The larger boards are perfect for chopping meat, while the lightweight 8-inch board is perfect for slicing serving appetizers and slicing fruits and garnishes. In addition, the 13-inch and 11-inch boards feature cut-out handles for easy hanging. While the 8-inch bar board is small enough to store in just about any standard-sized cupboard.
Features To Consider When Buying Best Bamboo Chopping Board Set
a) Size Of The Cutting Board
When searching for the best bamboo cutting board, the size will depend on what you intend to use it for. If looking for a general-purpose cutting board, it's advisable to invest in one that's large enough to accommodate all the food you plan to cut. For instance, if thinking of using your cutting board to slice fruits and vegetables, your requirements are likely not to be the same as those of someone using their cutting board to cut meat.
There's the option of considering cutting bards that come in a set of 3 or more meaning you have the option of choosing the size that suits the quantity of food you'll be chopping. For example, the best bamboo chopping board set is likely to feature large site cutting boards that are about 15 inches and the smallest ones being 11 inches.
b) Ensure It's Real Bamboo and Not Wood
Bamboo is actually classified as grass falls and not wood Hence when searching for the best bamboo chopping board set, it's important to ensure that you're careful not to end up with wooden boards instead of a bamboo cutting board.
Generally, bamboo boards are harder and lighter than wood. Additionally, bamboo has a strength-to-weight ratio. So, to test it out, all you do is knock and lift the board. This should give you an idea if the cutting board is made of bamboo or wood.
Lastly, the color of bamboo material is generally lighter than wood.
c) Identify The Various Features You May Require
While searching for bamboo cutting boards, you'll notice that each brand has its own stand-out features. The features will be dependent on your needs. For example, few chopping boards have cutting handles or braces, making them convenient to carry and hang on kitchen hooks.
Some cutting boards have a silicone coating on their handles which makes them easier to hold. However, other cutting boards come without handles which improves the aesthetic qualities and makes them harder to store.
Some cutting boards also feature grooves that aid in collecting the juice from meat, fresh veggies and avoid the counter from dripping. Thus minimizing the mess during food preparation and making kitchen clean-up easier. On the other hand, a grooveless cutting surface is easier to clean.
d) Bamboo Board Care
A bamboo board is best to be hand washed and should not be placed in a dishwasher. This is because it can't handle the extreme heat. Plastic boards are safer in the dishwasher as they won't warp or crack.
Something else to consider is that bamboo cutting boards require special treatment for long-term durability. You'll require to purchase food-grade mineral oil that you'll be using to condition your board every month.
e) Anti Scratch
A cutting board is designed to be scratched. However, some cutting boards are created such that they are anti-scratch and knife blade friendly. Hence, no matter how hard your chopping is, the cutting surface remains clean.
A bamboo cutting board tends to be stronger than wood in this matter. This is mostly because the surface is coated by a protection layer to minimize the damage caused by knife blades. That's why even after continuous usage, a good cutting board made of bamboo material is likely to still look new.
However, the only downside with bamboo is that because they are so dense, they can be potentially damaging to good knives, dulling them faster than softer wood boards could. This is something worth noting.
f) Antibacterial and Antimicrobial Layer
Though the bamboo cutting board tends to be more hygienic than other cutting boards, it does feature additional essential layers in making it cleaner.
The anti-bacterial and antimicrobial layers are key in ensuring your cutting board remains safe. At the same time, some cutting boards are only coated with one layer, only with those two functions. So what counts is finding a cutting board with both layers.
Additionally, Bamboo cutting boards have a particularly hard density, meaning that they resist retaining water, unlike wood. Hence, preventing any dangerous bacteria from harboring inside the board.
e) Reversible & Sturdy
A reversible cutting board is great as it gives you two prep stations in one. However, it can also hinder your food from tasting like one ingredient.
For instance, if your recipe includes onion and garlic, you can mark one side for onion and the other side for the latter. This prevents your food from picking up tastes you didn't initially plan for.
In addition, you also want a sturdy board as this ensures it doesn't slip and slide around the kitchen counter. This can make cutting difficult and potentially dangerous. Most bamboo boards tend to be dense hence making them heavy and sturdy.
Whether you have charcuterie nights or minimal storage, having a cutting board that can serve various purposes comes in handy. In this case, one that can double up as a serving platter comes in great.
Benefits Of Bamboo Cutting Boards
- Bamboo is Eco friendly: Generally, bamboo is considered to be a sustainable plant. Hence it's no surprise that the cutting boards are eco-friendly. This means that when the board gets old, it can be easily disposed of without worrying about any negative impact on the environment.
- Bamboo is easy to clean: Bamboo cutting boards are easy to clean. All that's required is a cloth, mild soap, and warm water.
- Bamboo is aesthetically pleasing: The bamboo chopping board features a color that easily blends in most kitchen decors. It normally comes in a dark or light bamboo shade.
- Durable and Scratch Resistant: What's great about a bamboo board is that it's durable and sturdy. It's very dense, making it scratch-resistant, which is great for preserving the sharpness of knife blades.
Taking Care Of A Bamboo Cutting Board
Wash your cutting board in warm water with mild soap after every use. Once done, you can either air dry it by propping it up on the dish rack or towel dry. Don't by any means place your boards inside the dishwasher. The extreme heat will cause them to warp.
Once your board is dry, ensure you oil it before you make your first cut. You want to drizzle some food-grade mineral oil and rub it in with a soft, dry cloth. The oil moisturizes the wood, aiding to avoid splitting, and gives the bamboo that attractive burnished look. Repeat this every day for about a week, then condition your boards once a month thereafter.
This step is essential if you use your boards to chop meat. It's important to disinfect them after each use. This will prevent cross-contamination when chopping other foodstuffs.
Dissolve one part vinegar in five parts water, and use a sponge to scrub down the cutting board. Rinse and dry as usual. It's worth noting that it's just good practice to reserve one board entirely for meats.
- Remove Stains and Odors
Your cutting board is likely to get vegetable stains which is not necessarily a health hazard but can ruin the overall aesthetic of your board. To remove stains, scrub some coarse salt over the cutting surface with a sponge, then rinse and dry. The cutting board may also have a strange odor-like smell that can be resolved by rubbing a baking soda paste and water over the board before rinsing and drying.
Image Source: https://www.southernliving.com/