Have you ever felt the struggle to have a good night's sleep? Many people find it hard to have a lasting, comfortable sleep at night, and this might be challenging at times.
You can often blame the mattress and the uncomfortably shaped pillow, but are they a real problem here? What if the solution lies on top (in both meanings) and you just can't seem to see it?
Yes, we would like to talk about your Pillowcase. The way it smells, the feeling of the material on your skin and hair - these are the factors that also influence your sleep.
Bamboo pillow cases, in particular, might be the solution you have been looking for. Let's take a look at the 12 different bamboo pillow cases and, who knows, you will probably like one?
Which is the best bamboo pillow cases?
Buy On Amazon
1. Cariloha Classic "Best Overall Bamboo Pillowcase"
The first on our list is the Cariloha Classic Bamboo Pillow Case. It is made from 100% luxurious Viscose from Bamboo, and the manufacturer claims it is twice as soft as cotton (which is true, Bamboo Viscose is naturally super soft.)
This Pillowcase is very cooling and moisture-wicking, perfect for your sleep all year long.
Cariloha Bamboo Pillowcase repels odours and allergens. Viscose is good to help from skin irritations.
Of course, these pillow cases are eco-friendly. Their production saves a lot of trees and reduces the number of chemicals.
With all of the features listed above, it seems like a good choice for your first Bamboo Pillowcase.
Let's take a look at the main pros and cons of Cariloha Classic Bamboo Pillowcase:
2. Bampure Bamboo Pillow Case"Runner Up"
- 100% organic pure bamboo - the Bampure bamboo pillow cases are crafted from 100% organic bamboo...
- Breathable and odor resistant - our super soft pillow cases are extremely breathable so naturally...
- Luxurious soft and silky sateen weave - results in a luxurious and durable pillow case. Plus these...
- 2 piece premium envelope pillowcase set - included in this deluxe set are 2 bamboo cool pillow cases...
- Read the manual carefully - Please read the instruction manual provided with the Bampure pillow...
This Pillowcase is 100% pure organic bamboo to ensure your sleep is safe and comfortable. This is where the Bampure name is coming from.
Moreover, the Runner Up bamboo pillow cases are extremely breathable and odour resistant. They naturally resist odours and keep your head cool. Thus, you are safe from night sweats. Isn't it the greatest feeling?
Made from luxuriously soft and silky sateen weave, the Bampure pillow cases soften with each machine wash making sure you have a night of cosy sleep.
This set includes 2 pieces of Queen and King size(you can find out more about the size in our chart below) pillow cases and comes in 9 different colours. Also, for better use, it has an envelope closure end design.
Runner Up has a lot of benefits, but the decision goes up to you if you are ready to deal with the wrinkage.
Let's take a look at the main pros and cons of Bampure "Runner Up" Pillow cases:
3. Snuggle-Pedic "Best Bamboo Cooling Pillow Cover"
- Removable - This pillow cover was crafted for convenience. Add this case to any queen size pillow to...
- Breathable - Our viscose of bamboo pillowcase includes Kool-Flow technology which allows air to...
- Quality Fabric - This queen size pillow protector uses the same high-end fabric as our Snuggle-Pedic...
- Viscose of Bamboo - Get the luxury you deserve! Our zippered pillow covers are made in the USA and...
- Machine Washable - No hand-washing here. Toss your bed pillow covers in the washing machine whenever...
The Snuggle-Pedic Best Cooling Pillowcase is made of extra breathable micro-vented material. It contains 43% Viscose from Bamboo, 56.4% Polyester and 0.6% Lycra which keeps you cool all night during the hot summer nights.
The bamboo pillowcase is available in a variety of different sizes, from Kids to Body. The Pillowcase is highly durable and easy to wash in the machine. It will not lose its shape or colour.
The Pillowcase has a zipper instead of an envelope end closure, which is very comfortable. Using the Snuggle-Pedic Pillowcase allows you to keep your pillow cleaner longer.
There are a lot more features of Snuggle-Pedic Pillowcase we could discuss here, but probably you should check out yourself?
Now, let's take a look at the main pros and cons of this Pillowcase.
4. Zen Bamboo Pillow Case "Amazon's Choice"
- LUXURIOUS AND DURABLE- Zen Bamboo Pillowcases are made from 40% rayon derived from bamboo and 60%...
- ULTIMATE COMFORT- The silky smooth and soft feel of our bamboo blend will keep your head cool and...
- FADE RESISTANT- Frustrated with buying colorful bedding only have to replace it due to fading and...
- EASY TO CLEAN- Our pillowcases are machine washable for easy cleaning and can be tumble dried on a...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED- We are so confident in the quality of our product that we offer a 30-day...
This Pillowcase is made 40% of Bamboo Rayon and 60% from Brushed Microfiber. Microfiber is known to be a great replacement for cotton - it is cheaper and easier to manufacture.
Zen Bamboo pillow cases are soft to the touch and will be a great addition to your bedding set with the silky smooth and soft feel to your face.
The Zen pillow cases come in a range of 2 sizes, and 9 colours plus the company claims they are fade resistant. Thus meaning you don't have to switch them every now and then and making these pillow cases very durable.
The material does not require any extra maintenance. Just put it in the washing machine and you are done. The fibre is designed to be wrinkle-resistant, and it gets softer with every wash.
Let's take a look at whether it is worth buying this set of pillow cases?
5. Cosy House Collection "Best Luxury Bamboo Pillow Case"
- 100% DOUBLE BRUSHED MICROFIBER- Made with 100% non-rip double-brushed microfiber, our Everyday...
- 100% DOUBLE BRUSHED MICROFIBER- Made with 100% non-rip double-brushed microfiber, our Everyday...
- SOFTER THAN SILK - Ready for a restful and refreshing night’s sleep? Rest your head on these...
- AVAILABLE IN A WIDE RANGE OF COLORS - These soft and stylish pillowcases add a vibrant look to...
- BREATHABLE - Our premium grade brushed microfiber offers an ultra-soft feel and repels common...
This bamboo pillowcase is manufactured with 100% microfiber fabric, which makes it one of the most durable pillow cases in our list. It is durable even after many machine washes. Cosy House’s pillow cover is crisp and lightweight.
This Cosy House pillowcase is available in Standard and King sizes and a huge range of colors. This pillowcase is Wrinkle-free, fade-free and stain-resistant and also hypoallergenic.
It is also breathable and resistant to dust, reducing the need of frequent washing.
I am very pleased with these pillow cases. I enjoyed every minute of sleeping on them, and I’m sure you will too!
Let’s see the main pros and cons:
6. Hotel Sheets Direct "Best Bamboo Pillowcase for Hair"
- Our pillow case set is made from viscose that’s derived from 100% bamboo, for a softer than silk,...
- Crafted from natural fibers, these durable queen/standard pillow cases have robust, precisely...
- Our queen/standard size pillow cases are moisture-wicking to help keep you sweat-free for a more...
- This conveniently cooling pillowcase set is available in 2 sizes and 11 colors. Plus, they’re...
- Rest easy knowing your pillowcase set is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified to be free of harmful...
Hotel Sheets Direct pillow cases are miraculously good for your hair. The soft material of 100% Viscose Bamboo this Pillowcase is made of makes you feel like sleeping on a cloud. On a cool cloud, actually. The bamboo viscose is very breathable and is good for people who suffer from night sweats.
The Hotel Sheets Direct Bamboo pillow cases are OEKO-TEX 100 Certified.
Also, due to the softness and the smooth feeling of that fine Bamboo Viscose, it is actually good for your hair. It prevents your hair from drying out, reduces split ends and skin irritation.
Basically, it feels and looks like silk but is no silk. These pillow cases come in King Size and the range of 8 colours.
For us, it looks like a great alternative to the silk pillow cases. If you think the same way, make sure to check out Hotel Sheets Direct pillow cases.
Let's sum up the pros and cons of Hotel Sheets Direct Bamboo pillow cases:
7. Cariloha Resort "Best 100% Bamboo Viscose Pillowcase"
- Soft Weave: 100% organic bamboo-viscose pillowcases with smooth premium sateen weave
- Threaded to Perfection: Soft, breathable, cooling, viscose-from-bamboo pillowcases keep you comfy
- Cooling Pillowcase: Viscose from bamboo is cooling in the summer and warmer in the winter
- Hypoallergenic: OEKO-TEX 100 certified with no harmful chemicals. Ideal pillowcases for hot sleepers
- Quality: Cariloha pillowcases are made of 100% organic bamboo viscose via a safe closed-loop method
Cariloha Resort Bamboo Viscose pillow cases are giving you the same comfort feeling as 5-star hotels bedding but at home.
These Cariloha pillow cases have the natural thermoregulating features of bamboo viscose fabric with a slight sateen feeling. The set includes two pillow cases of Standard and King size. The pillow cases come in a range of 10 subdued colours, perfect for a hygge lifestyle.
Due to its breathability, the Cariloha Resort pillowcase will save you from night sweats and is a great fit for the summer nights.
Overall, these pillow cases managed to impress me. They are comfy and nicely made, which you might appreciate too.
Let's have a look at the pros and cons of this item:
8. Vegan Silk Bamboo Pillow Case"Most Organic"
- 🎋 Bamboo Pillow Cases Queen Size Set of 2. Hidden Zipper Queen Pillow Cases 2-Pack, Queen Size...
- ✅ White Pillow Cases from 100% Bamboo viscose. Luxury Zipper Pillow Cases, Sustainable Products,...
- ❄️🌡️ Cooling Pillow Cases for Hot Sleepers Night Sweats, Cool Pillowcase Cool Side Pillow...
- 🌿 Bamboo Silk Pillowcase 2 Pack. Beauty Pillowcase. White Pillowcases Bamboo Satin Pillow Cases...
- 💚 Organic Pillow Cases Zippered Pillow Cases Silky Bamboo Pillowcase Like Silk Pillowcase for...
This Vegan Silk pillowcase is made from 100% organic Bamboo Lyocell, Oeko-tex 100 Certified.
The pillow cases are available in 3 different sizes(Standard, Queen, King). It also has a zipper for keeping the Pillowcase tight on the pillow. Because of the natural breathability of Bamboo Lyocell, this Pillowcase will keep you warm and cosy in winter and cool in summer.
The material has a silky structure which is good for the hair and for the gentle skin.
The maintenance of this bamboo pillow cover is pretty easy. You have to machine wash in cold water.
Vegan Milk Bamboo Pillow Cover looks like a great option to the silk pillow covers.
Let's check out the pros and cons of the Vegan Silk below:
9. FeelAtHome Bamboo Pillow Protector
- ❄️ LUXURIOUS COOLING BAMBOO FIBER - FeelAtHome’s premium quality, bamboo zippered pillow cases...
- 🌊 ❌FULL WATERPROOF COVERAGE - The zen bamboo pillow cover has a 100% waterproof lining that...
- 😌 VERY SOFT & COMFORTABLE - Snuggle soundly at night with these good quality bamboo knit pillow...
- 🤐 ZIPPERED COVER - Zippered bamboo pillow topper mainstays ensures a secure closure of your...
- 🧺 MACHINE WASHABLE, 100% PERFORMANCE SATISFACTION GAURANTEED - The breathable bamboo pillow cover...
FeelAtHome Pillowcase got to our list because it contains 35%, Bamboo Rayon. They are extremely comfortable and soft to the touch. Bamboo fibre gives that perfect cooling effect you've been looking for for so long. It is a perfect addition to the hot summer nights.
This bamboo pillow cover has a 100% waterproof membrane. Waterproof properties help to protect the pillow cases against perspiration, body fluids, saliva, stains and etc.
These bamboo pillow covers are hypoallergenic and bacteria-resistant. Thus they also protect you from bed-bugs. This Bamboo Pillowcase is also zippered, like its analogues. It comes in 3 sizes (Queen, King and Body).
It is easy to wash in the machine, and it will not easily get worn out.
These pillow cases really deserve your attention. For such a reasonable price, they have a lot to offer.
To sum up, let's have a look at the pros and cons of this Pillowcase:
10. Niagara Sleep Solution Bamboo Pillowcase
- Premium Bamboo Pillow Protectors Pair: Rayon Derived from Bamboo, Soft and absorbant. Pillow...
- Full Protection: These zippered,pillow protectors provide complete protection for your precious...
- Breathable Cooling Bamboo Ultra Soft :Our Premium Bamboo Pillow Covers standard 20x26 pairs are...
- Guaranteed Noiseless: Our Bamboo Zippered Pillowcases are noiseless yet they are fully waterproof...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. We're confident...
And just like the previous one, Niagara Sleep Solution Pillowcase is made from 100% waterproof Rayon derived from Bamboo, soft and absorbent. It protects the pillow against perspiration, body fluids, saliva, stains. This will ensure your deep and comfortable sleep at night.
Yet again, these pillow cases are fully breathable and will keep you cool in summer and warm in winter. They also have an ultra-soft and silky feel. Plus they are zippered which will protect your pillow from getting dirty.
They come in Standard size and one colour.
This is an ideal option for people who don’t want to buy expensive pillow cases.
Given all these, let's have a look at the pros and cons of Niagara Sleep Solution Pillowcase:
11. Zenlusso "Softest Bamboo Pillowcase"
- 100% PURE ORGANIC BAMBOO: Made with the highest grade, 300TC organically grown bamboo viscose fibers...
- LUXURIOUSLY SOFT: Softer than high thread count Egyptian cotton. Woven in a lush sateen weave,...
- COOLING & BREATHABLE: 100% Bamboo bedding is breathable allowing greater airflow without trapping...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Highest bamboo SGS score for pill resistance since our fabric is made with durable...
- STANDARDS: OEKTO-TEX Standard 100 Certified, Organic Bamboo and made in a BSCI audited facility....
Zenlusso pillowcase is made from 100% bamboo viscose, a perfect sustainability match.
Softer than 1000 thread count Egyptian cotton thus minimizing the risk of the wrinkles on your skin and eliminating frizzy hair.This Pillowcase is breathable and cooling, which makes it stay fresh longer than other pillow cases. It will help you sleep well at night without any sweats. No nightmares from now on!
Zenlusso pillowcase has a closure envelope cover and will protect your pillow from dust and allergens.
This Pillowcase is presented in 7 different colours and 3 sizes. We are sure you will find one. Or two?
The pros and cons of Zenlusso Pillowcase are outlined below:
12. EMME Bamboo Pillowcase Set
- SILKY TOUCH - Made of 100% Viscose derived from bamboo, the best quality fibers, ultra-soft and...
- SKIN FRIENDLY & ECO PROTECTIVELY - The bamboo pillow cases are breathable, moisture absorbency and...
- EXQUISITE DETAIL DESIGN: Envelope closure end design prevents your comfy pillows escaping from...
- EASY CARE: Machine wash in cold water, tumble dry on low heat setting. There will be little wrinkle...
- GUARANTEE: Lifetime guarantee from Emme. You can return or replace it if you are not satisfied with...
EMME Bamboo Pillowcase Set is made of 100% Viscose derived from bamboo and is very silky to the touch. Thus transforming your bed into a luxurious retreat, so you won't wish to leave your bed from a beauty sleep.
The smooth and silky touch is perfect for a gentle skin and frizzy hair. The bamboo viscose is very breathable and cooling, ensuring your perfect sleep.
EMME Bamboo Pillowcase has an envelope closure end design and prevents your pillows from extra washing.
This pillow cover is easy to machine wash in cold water and could be dried on a low heat setting.
The Pillowcase comes in 4 beautiful colours and 3 sizes.
The pros and cons of EMME Bamboo Pillowcase are down below:
Factors We Look At When Choosing Products
When we were making this list, we tried to consider every important detail which could be crucial for every person. If you want to learn more about the benefits of bamboo pillow cases click here.
The main characteristics of your Perfect Bamboo Pillowcase should look the following way:
Bamboo material lasts three times longer than its cotton or silk alternative. Bamboo tends to get softer with every wash cycle. We think it's a huge benefit, don't you?
Moreover, white bamboo pillow cases will not turn yellow or grey over time, which means no bleach or whitening products.
- Environmentally friendly
Bamboo is one of the few materials which is considered sustainable and eco-friendly.
Bamboo pillow cases are hypoallergenic and antibacterial, which is really good for people with skin allergies and acne.
At times, it is difficult for some people to feel comfortable during their sleep. Bamboo pillow cases are capable of helping you sleep well thanks to the material's breathable qualities. It feels warm during winter times and cooling in summer.
There are many other qualities, which make bamboo pillow cases your best choice, such as softness, sustainability, cost-efficiency and etc.
Why Bamboo Pillow Cases?
Bamboo pillow cases aren't only good at thermoregulation and hypoallergenic, they are also very sustainable.
- Bamboo is the fastest-growing plant(it can grow up to a meter a day) and does not need extra fertilizers and pesticides.
- The production of bamboo fabric requires less use of water, than, for example, the same amount of cotton fabric.
- Bamboo does not require replanting after harvesting because the root system grows new stems consistently.
- Bamboo produces 35% more oxygen than a lot of other trees.
- Bamboo plants are not very demanding and if taken good care of, can grow in environments different from their natural
- The production of bamboo fibres has a lower impact on the environment.
As we mentioned before, bamboo material is very soft and tends to get softer with every wash cycle.
Bamboo pillow cases are extremely soft and smooth, which will make your sleep more comfortable. There are different types of bamboo fibres, such as bamboo rayon, bamboo viscose and etc. The texture of each material depends on the way it was spun. For example, bamboo rayon feels like silk or cashmere to the touch.
You can learn more about how are they different from each other in our article' Rayon vs Viscose vs Lyocell Bamboo: What's the difference?'
Also, bamboo pillow cases are a better treat to your wallet. Since the production of bamboo fibres requires fewer water resources, fertilizers and are way more sustainable than cotton or silk, it seems very reasonable that bamboo pillow cases would not impact your budget much.
Bamboo pillow cases are stain-resistant and, since we already know that bamboo fibre is durable, it is a huge benefit. The pillow cases won't look old or worn outwarned out plus will remain their original appearance.
You won't have to use any extra laundry detergent, bleach or harsh chemicals to maintain your bamboo pillow cases. Thus, this means your carbon footprint will be less significant, and you will not endanger your health.
The bamboo fabric keeps your bed cleaner. There are a lot of germs and bacteria that can thrive in your pillow or mattress (This is one of the reasons we also recommend buying both bamboo pillows and bamboo mattress). Bamboo has natural antibacterial properties which could be a lifesaver for some people, thus leading us to the fact that bamboo pillow cases are better for your skin.
Are bamboo pillow cases good for the skin?
It is believed that pillowcase material may influence the condition of your skin and hair. But is it really possible that your Pillowcase can truly improve and help to reduce the damage of your skin and hair overnight?
Every beauty blogger and beauty writer recommends sleeping on silk pillow cases for hair and skin. Why exactly, silk? Apparently, sleeping on silk does wonders for your hair and skin because the fabric comes from animals(the caterpillar of the silkmoth). The amino acids of the material are friendlier to human skin than traditional alternatives.
However, using silk pillow cases may not be a good alternative for people who want to be more sustainable or vegetarians/vegans. And this is where bamboo pillow cases come right on the scene.
Due to its natural breathability and antibacterial properties, bamboo pillow cases are a perfect option for people who suffer from skin problems, e.g. acne. Bamboo pillow cases and silk pillow cases have smooth surfaces that reduce friction on the skin overnight. Less friction means less inflammation which leads to less acne spreading.
Also, since there are different types of bamboo fibres, you can find something that will be right just for you.
How to take care of a bamboo pillowcase?
We are not afraid to say it one more time: with every wash cycle, bamboo pillow cases become softer and softer. Bamboo fibre is stain resistant and is not easily worn outwarned out over time, turning into yellow or grey.
The only issue you may face is that bamboo fibre may shrink so consider washing your bamboo pillow cases on gentle mode up to 30 degrees.
Try drying it in a natural way, avoiding direct sunlight. In case you are using a dryer, choose a low heat mode.
One more thing, try to wash your pillow cases with the fabrics made things from the same material, e.g. bamboo sheets.
Lifespan & Warranty
Lifespan and Warranty are two important factors to consider. A good bamboo pillowcase should feel great for at least a couple of years, even after several machine washes.
Most of the pillow cases I have reviewed here are backed by a 1 or 2 years warranty. Always prefer those cases that come with a warranty, as it will ensure that you get full value for your money.
It is recommended to change your bedding set every 12-18 months.
All pillows and pillow cases come in some standard sizes. Below you can find the chart of the different sizes available and their description:
- Standard pillow cases have a solid edge, which fits perfectly around your 'Standard' pillow. It has a measurement of 50x55cm and could fit any pillow size 50x55cm.
- Queen pillow cases have a wide stitched flat hem around the edge and create a border. The size of this hem can be different in width. Usually, it varies between 5 and 10cm. It is measured from the inside 50x75cm and from the outside 60x85cm including hem sometimes. Basically, it fits any pillow of 50x75cm
- King pillowcase is exactly like a Standard one, but it is a bit longer. King pillowcase is longer. Two King pillows will fit exactly into a King size bed which is 183cm wide. The measurements of this Pillowcase are 50x90cm
- Square size is usually used for decorative purposes. The size of the outside hem can vary in width but usually go between 5 and 10cm. It is measured from inside 65x65cm and outside 75x75cm, depending on the hem. Good for a pillow size 65x65cm.
We could eternally review the bamboo pillow cases, but there is not enough time to do that. In our article, we tried to mention the most popular ones and truly hope it was helpful.
As per the author's choice, we would recommend the Vegan Silk "Most Organic" Pillowcase as it recalls our own tastes and desires.
Hope this was helpful and good luck finding your "perfect one'!