Did you know that every plastic toothbrush takes up to 1000 years to decompose? Scientists claim that by 2050 there will be more plastic in the oceans than fish.
As an eco-friendly alternative, the bamboo toothbrushes entered the market. The bamboo toothbrushes have nylon bristles that feel nice against our teeth. These toothbrushes are able to sweep away plaque and bacteria around the tooth easily because of how firm they are.
People are switching to bamboo toothbrushes and sometimes it gets tricky finding the best.
If you are still confused, we are here to help you find your perfect bamboo toothbrush.
Buy On Amazon
● Eco-friendly and biodegradable;
● Extra hard;
● Comes in adult and kids sizes;
● Soft bristles;
● 100% natural;
● Charcoal infused bristles;
● Ergonomic and Comfortable Handle;
● Soft bristles;
● Eco-Friendly Materials;
1. Karbon Charcoal Infused Bamboo Toothbrush
- ECO-FRIENDLY TOOTHBRUSHES - Our Bamboo Toothbrushes are 100% BPA Free and made with Biodegradable...
- CHARCOAL INFUSED SOFT BRISTLES - Brighten your smile guilt free with KARBON’S Activated charcoal...
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED - Karbon’s Sleek and Ergonomic Bamboo handle is designed to comfortably fit...
- VEGAN AND CRUELTY FREE - Our Organic Bamboo Handle is 100% Vegan and Cruelty-Free. Bamboo is safer...
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK - We take pride in our high quality Charcoal Infused Bamboo...
Karbon Natural toothbrush is perfect for people who are passionate about saving the planet and making it a better place for people to live in.
This five-pack charcoal-infused biodegradable toothbrush keeps you committed to being environmentally responsible and stopping the landfill, since plastic toothbrushes are not viable in 2020. As bamboo grows over 3 feet every day it makes bamboo toothbrushes a perfect fit as an alternative to plastic toothbrushes. While at the same time, 1 billion toothbrushes are thrown away annually in the United States, which is 50 million pounds of waste added to landfills.
Let's have a look at the main features of this toothbrush:
- HIGH QUALITY: The high quality of this product serves as a bonus for you. Beware of people who sell toothbrushes with black bristles, most of them are not really charcoal infused.
- ACTIVATED CHARCOAL INFUSED: Karbon Natural toothbrushes are charcoal-infused to give you a bright white smile while you help save the planet.
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND BIODEGRADABLE: This toothbrush is 100% Bisphenol A (BPA) free which makes it eco-friendly. It is made with biodegradable Bamboo with a zero-waste recyclable packaging to help reduce your carbon footprint significantly.
- SOFT BUT FIRM BRISTLES: this toothbrush gently cleans, polishes, and whitens the teeth using its soft bristles. Karbon's ergonomic and sleek Bamboo handle is made to fit in your hand comfortably. It also comes along with a bonus of two-pack bamboo toothpick. This cruelty-free and 100% vegan organic bamboo handle is so much durable and safer than plastic. Karbon toothbrushes are also water resistent.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If this toothbrush is not all that you hope for, don't hesitate to send it back and receive a full refund of the purchase price. It is highly unlikely that you would like to return this high quality and natural toothbrush. You will love it.
Knowing product features is key in order to make a purchasing decision, but let’s also see the main pros and cons of the product:
Overall, I really like this toothbrush. It is soft, has a great look and does the job. What else do you need?
2. Waterfresh Bamboo Toothbrush
- Biodegradable&Eco - Help the environment, and feel better about your mark on this world with the all...
- Durable&Extra Hard Bristle -much more durable than normal bamboo bristles in the market , bristle...
- Paper Bag Packing - Our toothbrush set packaging is more sustainable than traditional bleached...
- Sealed Bag Packing - Keep Bacteria Away ! Make Your Brush Clean & Safe !
- Ultra Firm Bristle：Are you troubled by the yellow plaques and stains on your tooth? Firm bristle...
According to a recent review, it is hygienic to change your toothbrush at least once every three months. Your toothbrush gets less effective after normal wear and tear of the bristles, making them worn out. Clinical studies also reveal that a worn-out toothbrush has a lower chance of removing plaques as compared to new toothbrushes. This causes a massive build-up of bacteria in the toothbrush, posing a threat to your teeth and even your health, Thus, be sure to change your toothbrush at least once every three months.
It is also advisable to replace your toothbrush after recovering from an illness. You can help prevent 50 million pounds of plastic from making it to the landfill every year by going green with bamboo toothbrushes.
All that plastic can leak pollutants into the nearby water and soil and it also takes up to a thousand years to decompose, unlike bamboo.
Let's have a look at the product features of this toothbrush:
- HARD BRISTLES: Comes with hard bristles specially made for people who want to feel they have really cleaned their teeth and those who naturally love hard bristles.
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND BIODEGRADABLE HANDLE: this toothbrush comes with a biodegradable handle which is made from certified 100% organic Bamboo (CERES of Germany certified).
- DURABLE AND LASTS LONG: This toothbrush is not only made from natural Bamboo but is renewable, sustainable and environmentally friendly. Made from sustainable bamboo wood and premium quality, these bamboo toothbrushes are way stronger than ordinary wood, and it does start chipping or blister. Additionally, these toothbrushes are water-resistant and do not require any special treatment or drying after use.
To be honest, I loved using this toothbrush. It is super soft, eco-friednly and very durable. I’m sure you’re going to love it too!
3. Plant-based Bamboo Toothbrush
- Soft plant-based bristles made from vegetable oil base (EU made)
- Compostable plant-based packaging
- Lasts just as long as plastic toothbrush
This toothbrush is a plant-based toothbrush specially made for adults with its handle made from certified 100% organic Bamboo. This toothbrush is vegan, BPA free, verified non-toxic alongside soft bristles that are made from a base of 62 percent castor bean oil.
Let's quickly have a look at the product features:
- SOFT BRISTLES: this bamboo toothbrush has bio-based soft bristles and made from a base of 62 percent castor bean oil and are recyclable but are not biodegradable. 100% Bamboo handle, purely organic and wild, pesticide and fertilizer free. This toothbrush is USDA certified, natural, BPA-free, non-toxic and can be used for a long time just like plastic toothbrushes. Purchasing this toothbrush is a huge step to saving the planet.
- VERY SUSTAINABLE: Bamboo is one of the fastest-growing plants on earth, mainly because it is made of naturally-occurring antimicrobial agents, which eliminates the need to use pesticides and fertilizers during its growth. It is completely wild and organic, and another stalk grows to full size in just 2years after the previous stalk has been harvested. It has an impressive growth rate.
- BIODEGRADABLE PACKAGING: its outer box is made from 100% recyclable paper and is biodegradable. The eco-friendly box can be reused for other creative purposes and later be disposed of in a green or recycling bin. No glue or tape is used in making this outer box
- BIODEGRADABLE HANDLE: The bamboo used to make the handle of this toothbrush is wild mountain bamboo, which makes it completely impossible for it to be fertilizer or for pesticides to be used on it. In the same way, it is never watered by any human being, and its irrigation is fully taken care of only by natural mountain rains.
Be sure to keep your bamboo toothbrush in a dry place away from moisture. Another alternative could be storing it in an open-air toothbrush holder.
This toothbrush is a perfect option for a bi family as it comes in two variants for kids and adults.
4. Go Woo 100% Natural Bamboo Toothbrush
- ✅ BPA FREE & ECO-FRIENDLY: These specially designed biodegradable toothbrushes are designed to...
- ✅ SUPER SOFT NYLON BRISTLES: Our Natural Bamboo Toothbrushes use BPA Free Super Soft Nylon...
- ✅ SMOOTH & NATURAL BAMBOO HANDLE: Premium quality and sustainable Bamboo Wood is used to make our...
- ✅ MULTI- COLOR: This set of 4 Eco Friendly Toothbrushes is a perfect choice for any family that...
- ✅ 100% RECYCLABLE PACKAGING: Not only our bamboo toothbrushes are biodegradable, but also our...
GoWoo is a 100% natural eco-friendly and biodegradable toothbrush with soft BPA-free nylon bristles. It is ideal for men and women and comes in a pack of 4 rainbow colour brushes. This adult toothbrush is 100% Bamboo and activated charcoal-infused for fresher breath and a brighter smile. With super-soft nylon bristles, these toothbrushes clean your teeth gently and comfortably to give you an enjoyable toothbrushing experience.
It also has bio-based bristles, which means it is BPA free plus 62 percent castor oil and 38 percent nylon. It's bio-based bristles come in many colours; it is dyed to various ranges of colours using food colouring acid dye which is safe for the human body. They protect you from a bleeding gum.
Let's have a look at the list of GoWoo toothbrush product features:
- CONFIDENT SMILE: Be confident to smile wherever because these biodegradable toothbrushes are specially designed to keep your teeth white and bright following natural means. Its bristles are super soft to remove all poison, bacteria and dye and gives you that beautiful smile. It strengthens your enamel, polishes your teeth and gives you a minty fresh breath.
- 1 PACK, 4 NATURAL TOOTHBRUSHES: One pack contains four natural eco-friendly bamboo toothbrushes that are a great start for living the green life. Unlike the plastic toothbrush, GoWoo toothbrush does not just give you clean teeth and smile, but it also has a positive effect on the environment as well. And as for convenience, this natural toothbrush is a perfect choice.
- SUPER SOFT NYLON BRISTLES: This toothbrush has a super soft nylon bristle that is BPA free and protects your gum and keeps the teeth white. The super-soft bristles are designed from synthetic Nylon 4, which ensures safety and durability due to its resistance to microbial growth during normal use. It protects your gum from bleeding and keeps them healthy and white. This toothbrush is perfect for sensitive gums.
- DURABLE AND LASTS LONG: This toothbrush is not only made from natural Bamboo but is renewable, sustainable and environmentally friendly. Made from organic bamboo of premium quality, these toothbrushes are way stronger than the ones made from ordinary wood. Additionally, these toothbrushes are water-resistant and do not require any special treatment or drying after use.
Overall, I am pleased with this toothbrush. It seems to be a great value for the price it has!
5. Shanlu Bamboo Toothbrush
- Say goodbye to plastic,start using the natural bamboo toothbrush now,make it a better place, for...
- Perfect for sensitive teeth gums.Natural charcoal,Made from sustainably harvested bamboo
- The fine and soft bristles are infused with charcoal,to take advantage of charcoal's cleasing...
- The bamboo is harder and stronger than wood, and durable,healthier than plastic, will never splinter...
- Recycle For Many Uses - This organic bamboo toothbrush is eco-friendly for composting and recycling
This toothbrush is eco-friendly and biodegradable, with soft charcoal-infused bristles that are BPA free in fully recyclable packaging and is perfect for a big family.
Let's have a look at the product features:
- BPA FREE CHARCOAL INFUSED BRISTLES: Its soft bristles are Activated Charcoal Infused and are also made from natural charcoal materials, unlike traditional toothbrushes that are made from plastic. Using Shanlu bamboo toothbrush is the best way to go green because it is healthy, Biodegradable and eco-friendly.
- 100% ORGANIC HANDLE: This product is completely made from bamboo; the handle is made from natural mountain bamboo, and its bristles are made from charcoal, which is also a product of bamboo.
- GO GREEN: Save the planet from pollution by purchasing this pack of 10 toothbrushes and stop massive pounds of plastic wastes from reaching the landfill.
- BIODEGRADABLE PACKAGING: its outer box is made from 100% recyclable paper and is biodegradable. The eco-friendly box can be reused for other creative purposes and later be disposed of in a green or recycling bin. No glue or tape is used in making this outer box.
Save the planet today and make it a better place for everyone. Say goodbye to traditional toothbrushes and go natural today with Shanlu Biodegradable toothbrushes. It can be recycled for other purposes, and also used for composting.
The bamboo material used for production of this toothbrush is so much stronger and harder than normal wood. It is also a more sustainable, healthier, durable option than plastic. Shanlu bamboo toothbrush is water-resistant and will never splinter. Its charcoal-infused bristle will give you whiter teeth and fresher breath.
6. Colgate Charcoal Bamboo Toothbrush
- Bamboo toothbrush handle made with 100% natural, sustainably grown bamboo
- Compostable toothbrush handle for easy, eco-friendly disposal
- Charcoal toothbrush with charcoal infused floss-tip soft bristles that clean hard to reach areas
- BPA free toothbrush
- Recyclable cardboard packaging
This toothbrush is made from bamboo that is sustainably sourced. It is a great alternative to plastic and a big step towards saving our beautiful planet since it was designed from 100% biodegradable and sustainable grown bamboo.
Let's have a look at the product features:
- SOFT, TAPERED BRISTLE: This eco-friendly and biodegradable toothbrush comes with a slim tip bristle, which is ideal for reaching those hard-to-reach corners in your mouths. The bristles are also super soft for effective and gentle cleaning of the mouth, teeth and gums.
- CHARCOAL INFUSED BRISTLES: The soft tapered bristles are infused with Binchotan charcoal, which, when used frequently, can give you whiter teeth and a fresher breathe.
- NATURAL BEESWAX WATERPROOFING: This toothbrush will not go moulding on you since it is waterproofed with natural beeswax to reduce water absorption and enhance the durability of the brush.
- PLASTIC FREE PACKAGING: Colgate bamboo toothbrush comes in a recyclable cardboard packaging instead of plastic, it can totally be reused or recycled for other purposes to reduce plastic waste that pollutes our planet.
- PRACTICAL NON-SLIP HANDLE: This stylish toothbrush comes with a thumb grip handle to make it easy for you to hold it.
Overall, this toothbrush impressed me. Coming from a well known brand, I didn't have any high expectations for it, but it definetly persuaded me to buy it.
7. Boao Bamboo Toothbrush
- What you receive: you will receive 20 pieces bamboo toothbrushes in totally, designed with black and...
- Individual package: each charcoal bamboo toothbrush has individual package, easy to carry, suitable...
- Charcoal bristles: biodegradable toothbrushes are made of non-toxic and BPA-free bristle, which have...
- Ergonomic handle: these bamboo travel toothbrushes are designed with ergonomic handles, which can...
- Easy to use: just use method the same as the plastic toothbrush to use these natural bamboo...
This multicoloured biodegradable toothbrush is 18 pieces and has ergonomic handles individually packaged. It's nylon bristles are BPA-free.
Below are some of the product features of the Boao bamboo toothbrush:
- TOOTHBRUSH SPECIFICATIONS: Material used: made from natural charcoal bamboo, Colours: Multicoloured, Size: approximately 19cm / 7.5 inches long.
- CLEANS YOUR TEETH: Soft bristles are gentle and comfortable against the teeth and firm for brushing off stains from your teeth for a clean mouth. Have an enjoyable brushing experience every day.
- INDIVIDUAL PACKAGING: This package comes with 18 sweet pieces of biodegradable toothbrushes that are individually packaged for safety and convenience in 6 range of colours like green, red, blue and many more.
- ORGANIC AND BIODEGRADABLE: This toothbrush is ergonomic and fits in your hand perfectly for a better grip. Soft bristles are comfortable and gentle on the teeth and gums. This biodegradable toothbrush keeps your mouth just as fresh and clean as my plastic toothbrush but also allows you to make a contribution to reducing pollution. Soft bristles are 100% natural and safe to use with a size of approximately 19cm/7.5 inches long, which is perfect for most people to use.
- EASY TO USE AND CONVENIENT: This multicoloured toothbrush dries itself, all you have to do is to rinse the toothbrush like you would any plastic toothbrush and leave it to handle the rest.
- SUITABLE FOR TRAVEL: You can carry your toothbrush with you on your travels, it is suitable for business trips, camping, long vacations and many more. Safely keep your well-wrapped bamboo toothbrush in your locker, car, office, bag, drawers etc. They can also be used as gifts for loved ones during special occasions like Christmas, Thanksgiving, or even their birthdays.
I really love this toothbrush and the way it looks. It is soft, very easy to use and convenient.
8. Biodegradable Reusable Bamboo Toothbrushes by LMVH
- ⭐【Sustainable Non-plastic 】- Bamboo toothbrush is made from all-natural and biodegradable...
- ⭐【A Value Pack of 10 】- A set of 10 bamboo toothbrushes is suitable for the whole family, and...
- ⭐【Soft Bristles】- The bristles of the toothbrush are soft and also made out of high-quality...
- ⭐【Ergonomic Handle】- We use an ergonomic design with smooth natural bamboo handle,...
- ⭐【Green Life】- This bamboo eco friendly toothbrush makes an excellent gift and choice for...
This toothbrush comes in a set of 8 pieces that are biodegradable, environmentally friendly and charcoal-infused which is a natural way to whiten your teeth. It is a product crafted with the perfect blend of quality craftsmanship and love for the environment. This quality product is designed to be simple, last long and to go easy on the teeth while reducing your carbon footprint significantly. This bamboo toothbrush is completely eco-friendly, biodegradable, can be reused and recycled. It is 100% organic and after few months of use, you can do your part to protect the planet by tossing it into the recycling bank.
You are very likely to get whiter teeth and a fresher breathe after using this charcoal-infused toothbrush. It's soft bristles are charcoal infused to absorb plaque from your tongue and teeth. Since LMVH is family-oriented brand, this toothbrush comes in a pack of 8 toothbrushes so that everyone in the family can get one. It can also serve as a year's supply for one person.
You can keep your bamboo toothbrush clean just like you did your regular plastic brush. Be sure to keep it in a dry, cool place after giving it a quick rinse. It has no need for special treatment.
Let's have a look at its prodcut features:
- ECO-FRIEDNLY: LMVH is 100% natural toothbrush that lasts as long as generic plastic brushes and can completely be recycled and reused.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Comes with an ergonomic handle crafted to feel great in your hands. It is flexible enough to get to every corner of your mouth.
- SOFT BRISTLES: Bamboozled toothbrush bristles are soft and designed from bio-nylon which is infused with charcoal to whiten your teeth as you use it frequently and is 100% recyclable. It lasts just as long as regular plastic toothbrushes.
- PACK OF 8 TOOTHBRUSHES: Comes in a pack of 8 brushes that serve as a 1 year's supply for an individual and alternatively can be shared to each person in the family.
This toothbrush really deserves your attention. For such a reasonable price, it has a lot to offer.
9. Bamboo Toothbrush for Kids by Hello Boo
Hello Boo toothbrush is ideal for kids, it's a four-pack biodegradable toothbrush set that is made from natural eco-friendly, Moso bamboo and comes with soft nylon bristles with ergonomic handle. Up to 4.7 billion plastic toothbrushes all over the world are disposed in the ocean and landfills, and plastic takes one thousand years, unlike bamboo, which decomposes just as fast as a tree branch.
Before looking at the pros & cons of this bamboo toothbrush, let's have a look at its product features:
- EXPERIENCE ENJOYABLE BRUSHING: Hello Boo toothbrush makes brushing fun with its super soft bristles that are perfect for their cute little mouths. It helps in environmental safety and oral hygiene.
- 100% ORGANIC: This toothbrush is made from 100% sustainable, natural bamboo that are environmentally friendly and Biodegradable with soft nylon bristles that are gentle on your kid's enamel and gums, and also effective in cleaning their teeth. Moso bamboo has a remarkable growth rate and can be harvested in a short period of time.
- PACK OF 4 TOOTHBRUSHES: Doctors recommend that you replace your toothbrush and that of your kid's at least once every three months. So this pack of 4 toothbrushes is perfect for your little one, and it serves as a year supply of toothbrush. Its effective recyclable packaging box is an ideal packaging to gift your friends and loved ones on special occasions like Christmas, birthday and other special events.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We have your best interest at heart so if for some reason you are not satisfied with this product, do not hesitate to return it and we will fully refund. Make a bold step to save the planet with your kids by purchasing this bamboo toothbrush. Go green today!
This is an ideal option for people who want to buy bamboo toothbrushes for the whole family. This product is perfect for an everyday use for both kids and adults.
10. LaBoos Bulk Colorful Kids Bamboo Toothbrushes
- ★ Smooth&Small Brush: Let your pampered kids comfortably brush your teeth, It will be easy to...
- ★ BPA-Free Brush: It is made of high-grade soft bristles to protect kids delicate gums from...
- ★ Perfect Kids Size : 5.7 x 0.6” is great size for every kid to hold it well and brush teeth...
- ★ Water-Resistant : You can use it like a plastic toothbrush. The handle has a perfect grip for...
- ★ Four Beauty Colors. Your lovely children will be able to identify his or her own toothbrush by...
This toothbrush is specially designed for kids and comes in a range of colours that kids love. This two-pack natural kids toothbrush is environmentally friendly, organic and biodegradable. It also has a bio-based soft bristle that is BPA free.
Bamboo is super environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and a naturally renewing resource, because of how fast it regrows. It is said to grow over a yard every day, which is, in fact, over three feet every single day.
Bamboo does not splinter, which makes it a perfect material for making toothbrushes. It is antifungal, antimicrobial, antibacterial and naturally repels water.
Let's have a look at the product features of this toothbrush:
- HELPS STOP POLLUTION: Help stop pollution by going green. This toothbrush is Biodegradable and eco-friendly. Choosing to brush with Bamboo put you one step towards saving the planet because Bamboo can be decomposed in the soil when disposed of after use. This also comes in adult sizes that are 17cm long for a good grip while the kid's size comes in 14cm handle, perfect for their cute little hands.
- SMOOTH & SMALL: It is very easy to use for kids. The colorful handles make the boring exercise more fun for the little ones and less stressuful for you.
I’m sure this toothbrush has a potential to change the way your kid brushes his/her teeth.
11. Bamboo Toothbrush for Kids with Animal Designs
- Package contains: you will receive 16 pieces kids bamboo toothbrushes in 8 different colors for you...
- Comfortable material: this soft wooden toothbrush is made of bamboo wood, non-toxic and you can use...
- Cute patterns: there are 4 different animal patterns on the handle of colorful bristle kid wood...
- Proper size: the tooth brush measures approx. 5.8 inches/ 14.5 cm in length, suitable for children...
- Soft bristles experience: our children bamboo toothbrush has soft nylon bristles, which are gentle...
This toothbrush comes in a pack of 8 toothbrushes with animal designs and soft, colourful bristles that are great for kids. It also comes along with a free bonus toy surprise.
Global warming and the greenhouse effect and the changing climate scenarios are turning into real points of concern on our planet today. It is gradually becoming more of a threat to us all. In light of this, it is advisable for everyone to play their role in reducing their carbon footprint and what better way to do that than patronizing sustainable and eco-friendly products.
Let's have a look at the product features of this toothbrush:
- ECO-FRIENDLY AND GREEN: You are helping the environment and yourself by reducing non-biodegradable plastic waste. This bamboo toothbrush has its handle to be 100% organic instead of plastic handles, and this toothbrush is also biodegradable.
- SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR KIDS: This eco-friendly toothbrush is perfect for kids because of its super-soft nylon bristles with no BPA at all and does not pose a threat to your child's health. It doesn't cause infection or gum bleeding, unlike other toothbrushes to keep your little one clean and hygienic.
- SMALL HANDLE: Bamboo wood toothbrush has a small handle that will fit into your child's hand nicely and will not hurt their tender mouth. A space engraved at the bottom of the toothbrush allows a good grip and is fun for kids to look at because of its beautiful carved animal design.
- GUM PROTECTION: Bamboo is made up of natural anti-inflammatory agents that gum inflammation. It also transforms your toothbrush into a gum protector, which also means there won't be trips to the dentist for inflamed gums anymore.
Personally, I think this tootbrush is one of the best deals on the market. If you are looking for an eco-friendly toothbrush for you child, this toothbrush is a great option.
A little bit about Bamboo Toothbrushes
Bamboo toothbrushes basically are the same as other manual plastic toothbrushes you would find on the shelf. They have a handle and bristles to remove food bits and plaque from your teeth. The major difference between bamboo toothbrushes and plastic toothbrushes, though, is the material used to make the handle and, sometimes, bristles.
It is more likely that you find nylon bristles on modern bamboo toothbrushes, though some of them have bristles made from boar hair. Some bamboo toothbrushes have bristles infused with activated charcoal, which is helpful in whitening the teeth. Charcoal teeth-whitening characteristics help to absorb the majority of what stains to your teeth from drinking coffee, tea, and red wine.
If you are looking for an eco-friendly toothbrush, you might want to remove the nylon bristles when you're done with it. This is what makes these toothbrushes fully sustainable. If you are not that bothered with nylon bristles, there are a lot of bamboo toothbrush options just for you.
Even though bamboo toothbrushes seem like a new, eco-friendly trend, they have been around for quite a long time. Bamboo toothbrushes are actually one of the oldest types of toothbrushes. According to the Library of Congress, the earliest bristle toothbrushes were invented in China in the 15th century and featured boar hair bristles and bamboo handles.
What to look at while choosing a Bamboo Toothbrush?
When choosing the best bamboo toothbrushes there are some factors to be considered.
Toothbrush Head Size: Firstly, we considered the head size of a toothbrush. Most people don’t think it is important, but it actually is. You may not be able to reach some corners of your mouth when you choose a toothbrush with a big head. Toothbrush head size varies from 15mm to 25mm, and you would need to consider the size of your teeth when selecting a toothbrush.
Bristle Type: This is a crucial factor to consider when choosing your toothbrush. There are tons of a different combination of materials, patterns, textures. The bristle pattern comes in waves, polishing cups, blocks and criss-cross patterns. These patterns have been adopted by various brands to bring effective plaque removal. So be sure to read the information on the packaging to know how the bristles can help to clean your teeth. You should also consider the materials that those bristles are made of and how strong they are.
Other factors that we considered include:
- Toothbrush Handle;
- Tongue Cleaner(if available);
- Charcoal-infused Bristle;
- Toothbrush Head Shape;
- Handle Design;
Just to let you know, there might be some failures at first, but once you get a hold on the perfect toothbrush, you wouldn’t have to stress out anymore.
How to choose Bamboo Toothbrush?
A toothbrush with a bamboo handle can be used the same way you would use a plastic toothbrush. When choosing your toothbrush, pay close attention to the size of the head, the shape of the handle and the type of bristles. In a nutshell, you'll want to choose a brush with soft bristles and with a brush head that fits comfortably in your mouth. The handle should be comfortable to hold.
You should replace bamboo toothbrushes the same way, as you would replace any other type of toothbrush. The American Dental Association recommends getting a new toothbrush every three to four months, or once there is visible fraying or damage to the bristles. Switching to a new toothbrush will help to keep your teeth as clean as possible.
Before rushing into conclusions, please make sure to talk to your dentists about switching brushes. They can help you choose the toothbrush which would be best for you and make other recommendations that will keep your mouth healthy, while taking care of the planet.
Why brush with Bamboo?
Choosing a toothbrush can be tedious most times, and when you finally get a hold of one, it does not work how you expect and choosing a toothbrush material that suits you is also very important. Would you go for a toothbrush with plastic material or a toothbrush with bamboo material? Here are some factors to consider.
Bamboo has an impressive growth rate, and they can thrive without pesticides or fertilizer and require little care to grow, unlike plastic. Bamboo has a smaller ecological footprint; it is environmentally friendly and Biodegradable.
After removing the bristles of a bamboo toothbrush using a tweezer or plier, it can be composted, recycled or reused for other creative purposes. However, if the toothbrush is tossed in the trash instead of a recycling bank, then it is no more eco-friendly than plastic. For a fully biodegradable and eco-friendly toothbrush, a bamboo handle with bristles made out of boar hair can be considered. Take note that bristles made out of boar hair are rougher than nylon ones and tend to cause wear on your enamel and hurt your gums. Interested in learning more about bamboo toothbrush benefits? Click here to learn more.
Is Bamboo Really Eco-Friendly?
When used in its raw form, such as in the shape of a toothbrush handle, bamboo has a significantly smaller ecological footprint if compared to plastic. This is due to the fact that bamboo is biodegradable. You can compost the handles of bamboo toothbrushes but you have to remove the nylon bristles first. You can also find ways to reuse the toothbrush handles in a creative manner, such as turning them into plant markers for your home garden. In case bamboo toothbrushes end up in the trash bin, they aren't more eco-friendly than their plastic relatives.
Below you may find the most common and creative options on how to reuse your bamboo toothbrush:
If you want a fully biodegradable toothbrush, choose one with both natural, bamboo handle and bristles made from boar hair. Do not forget that boar hair bristles tend to be rougher than nylon ones, which can be harmful for your gums.
How to take care of a bamboo toothbrush?
This type of toothbrush can be maintained the same way you would do with a plastic toothbrush. However you should keep in mind that some of the bamboo toothbrushes aren’t moisture resistant.
First of all, keep it in a dry warm place; the natural bamboo handle starts to mold.(Speaking from experience!)
Secondly, dispose of your toothbrush and replace after recovering from an illness, otherwise clear signs of fraying begins to appear on your bristle.
Thirdly, change your toothbrush every 3-4 months. It is revealed that a worn-out toothbrush has a lower chance of removing plaques, as compared to new toothbrushes. This may lead to a massive build-up of bacteria in the toothbrush, which is a threat to your mouth hygiene.
Replacing your toothbrush on a regular basis keeps your teeth clean and healthy.
Keeping in mind everything we discussed above, bamboo toothbrushes seem like a perfect environmentally-friendly alternative to plastic ones, as bamboo is a natural self-renewing resource.
If you get yourself a natural biodegradable toothbrush today, this will help save the planet from pollution and make it a safer place for us and future generations to come.
In case you are hesitating and are not sure which bamboo toothbrush to choose, we recommend you to go with Go Woo 100% Natural Bamboo Toothbrush, as we find it very comfortable to use for the newcomers. Plus it has a huge variety of colors, the same way as plastic toothbrushes.