Sustainable bed sheets have been gaining more and more recognition worldwide recently. Not only they improve the quality of your sleep, but they also help you contribute to saving natural resources and eliminate allergies caused by dust mites. Bamboo viscose is considered to be the most popular fabric for the production of bamboo bed sheets.
When you think of the great variety of bamboo viscose sheets available on the market, it is quite easy to get lost in their assortment. However, there is one particular type of bed sheet that you have to learn about.
Cariloha bamboo sheets appeared on the market in 2007. Ever since then, they’ve been causing an active discussion in the community of eco-lovers. Let’s take a closer look at Cariloha resort bamboo sheets and see if they are worth the buzz.
Cariloha Sheets – Key Features
With a deep concern for the environment in mind, Cariloha has been producing its bed sheets for over 13 years now. Using unique technologies of fabric production, this brand has already provided thousands of customers with an entirely new level of sleeping experience.
It is essential to point out that Cariloha sheets are often blamed for being priced too high. For example, you will have to pay $199 for one set of king-size Cariloha bamboo sheets. But why would you pay that much for just one set of bed sheets?
The secret behind Cariloha bed sheets lies in the unique technique that is used for weaving the fabric. While the material for regular bamboo sheets is made by processing the cellulose from bamboo and spinning threads into yarns, Cariloha bamboo satin has a more complex process behind its production. Special low-spin yarns are involved in the process of bamboo satin creation. Most importantly, threads are positioned diagonally instead of horizontally, which creates an uncomparable silkiness of the ultimate fabric.
Cariloha bamboo sheets are way more than just soft. They are known for being hypoallergenic, breathable and unbelievably durable. In fact, their durability is so high that it fully justifies every cent that you pay for your bed sheet.
Pros & Cons of Cariloha bed sheets
Being fully informed about the pros and cons of bamboo sheets before you buy them is key. Even though you are already quite informed about what Cariloha bed sheets are and know their key advantages, we suggest you dive deeper into the benefits and drawbacks of these sheets.
- They are eco-friendly: The majority of modern people are focused on switching their lifestyles into more eco-friendly ones. Sleeping products also play an important role in making a human impact on the environment milder. Taking this into consideration, it is quite difficult not to be aware of the benefits that bamboo fabric provides. Though, let us remind you about them one more time: bamboo is a totally self-sufficient plant that absorbs way more carbon dioxide than, for example, usual cotton. Not only that it absorbs more CO2 and releases more oxygen, but also saves a huge amount of water. When you make a decision to switch to Cariloha bamboo sheets, you are improving your sleep and decrease your own environmental footprint while supporting small local businesses.
- Cariloha sheets are odor-resistant: The discussion about the odor resistance of bamboo viscose has been around for a while. Some suggest that the ferment called “bamboo kun” is to be thanked for this. As much as this theory sounds exciting, things are quite different in reality. To understand the true nature of Cariloha sheets’ odor resistance, you need to know that unpleasant smells occur due to the buildup of pathogenic bacteria on a surface. However, the growth of the latter can be stopped by increasing access to oxygen to the fabric. It means that Cariloha bamboo sheets are very breathable as they do not allow the pathogenic bacteria to be distributed altogether with an unpleasant odor.
- These sheets are hypoallergenic: The improved airflow of Cariloha bamboo sheets actually has many more advantages than just keeping your bedding odor-free. Due to the excellent circulation of air, you will also experience much fewer problems with dust mites. Dust mites are precisely the reason why many allergy-prone individuals have a low-quality night's sleep. The softness of Cariloha bed sheets also plays a vital role in keeping you free from allergies and irritations of any kind. A lot of people experience skin rednesses and sensitivities due to harsh materials that are used in cheap bed sheets. Considering this fact, switching to Cariloha bed sheets is a very reasonable move for people who have allergies.
- Cariloha bamboo sheets are durable: The durability of bamboo viscose is something that can be discussed for a very long time. However, the most important thing you have to know is that Cariloha bamboo sheets are perfect for everyday use because they neither fade with a washer nor tear down. Durable fibers of bamboo viscose that are used in these sheets are way more resilient than other common materials used in bed linen.
- They regulate your body temperature: We can all agree that waking up in sweat during summertime is the worst thing that can happen to you. Of course, it’s just as terrible as freezing from the cold during the winter. This shouldn’t be the case for those who use Cariloha bed sheets because of their excellent breathability. Cariloha's classic bed sheet is a wonderful item in your bedroom that helps your body regulate its temperature and, as a consequence, improve the quality of your sleep.
- These sheets wrinkle easily: The only drawback that you can ever find in the Cariloha bed sheets review is that they are very prone to wrinkling. It’s something that often happens to natural materials and can easily be improved. The most popular way to get rid of wrinkles on your Cariloha bed sheet is simple ironing. Though, if you don’t have time for ironing your sheets, you can simply hang them in the sun or put them onto the bed when they are 80% dry. The most important thing that you have to know to avoid wrinkles on your Cariloha sheet is to never leave it in the dryer as it will enhance the creases.
Why You Should Buy Cariloha Bamboo Sheets
After dipping into our analysis of Cariloha bed sheets, you might have understood how good they are. Let us repeat the key points that make these bamboo sheets so outstanding.
Firstly, they are an excellent decision if you want to save money. It may surprise you at first because the price range of these bamboo viscose sheets is quite high. However, in the case of Cariloha sheets, saving happens in the long run: by having resilient sheets that don’t wear out with time, you avoid constant bed-linen shopping from cheaper retailers.
Secondly, bamboo sheets by Cariloha contribute to the saving of natural resources and the financing of fair local businesses. And finally, Cariloha sheets improve your sleep in multiple ways: from regulating your body temperature, soothing your skin and improving allergic conditions to eliminating unpleasant odors.
Where to Buy Cariloha Bamboo Sheets
Even though many retailers can offer you Cariloha bed sheets on their websites and in physical stores, you have to know that the only reliable supplier of authentic Cariloha sheets is the brand’s official website.
Buying Cariloha bamboo sheets directly from the official supplier doesn’t only help you save money, but gives you some other additional benefits. Except for free shipping and a lifetime warranty, Cariloha also offers you a “90-day sleep trial”. This offer allows you to test these bamboo sheets out in the course of 90 days and make a return in case you don’t end up satisfied.
Cariloha Classic Bamboo Sheets FAQ’s
"Do Carihola bamboo sheets shrink after being washed?"
Yes, they do shrink a little bit. Generally, it is quite common for bamboo materials to shrink after the first wash. However, Cariloha definitely considered that factor, and that’s why all of the sheets come a little bit looser. By doing so, the post-wash shrinkage will only make them fit your bed better.
"How many threads per inch are there in Cariloha bamboo sheets?"
The amount of threads per inch typically indicates the softness of the material: the more threads per inch, the softer the fabric. Speaking of Cariloha bamboo sheets, their thread count is 320, while the Egyptian cotton sheet contains 1000 threads per inch.
Though, this indicator is only remarkable for materials that were woven in a conventional way (with horizontal thread positioning). Diagonal positioning of threads in Cariloha sheets and complex process of woven makes them much softer even with smaller thread count.
"Is there any warranty for Cariloha sheets?"
Cariloha is so confident about the quality of its products that it even provides a lifetime warranty for its sheets. If your Cariloha sheet ever tears down or loses color, you can contact the brand directly and make a return or exchange your sheet for a new one.
"What is the sizing of Cariloha sheets?"
Cariloha bamboo sheets come in Queen size altogether with King, Twin, Twin XL, Full and Cal King options.
Cariloha Bamboo Sheets Review Summary
Cariloha resort sheets are a perfect choice for people who want to save money in the long run alongside being eco-conscious. They will also be an excellent choice for you if you experience skin irritations and allergies, have a disturbing sleep because of poor thermoregulation and want to eliminate unpleasant odors on your bed linen.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Best sheets ever!
Very helpful review. Thanks for laying out all the pros and the cons and for being so thorough. Really helps me make an educated decision.